At SmallBiz Staffing we are in the business of People.
People are the best asset of any business. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs looks at the basic needs of a human in order for them to be successful in life. But, we are applying this concept to employees in the workplace. People are the foundation for success in business.
Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs in your place of work:
- Physiological Needs: Decent pay, comfortable working conditions, and needed facilities. (clean restroom, lunch break, so on)
- Safety: Safety procedures and making sure each employee is thoroughly trained on these measures. This could also include sick time and an understanding of family obligations.
- Social: Promote a team environment and ensure that there is a sense of respect and belonging among workers.
- Esteem: Constructive feedback for employees and praise if a job is well-done.
- Self-Actualization: This is a more personal level. Each employee has their own version of success, but it is important to have goals for yourself and strive to reach them.
What does your personal hierarchy look like? Do you have goals in your life?